Thursday, March 24, 2011

The wind blows #3

Nicholas Sparks once said in one of his novels that "Love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it"I just love how he compares love to the wind.

Speaking of love and wind, the song "The wind blows" comes into my mind. It is one of my favorites. I love the song even if I couldn't relate to the meaning of it. I just love how the instrumentals suit what the lyrics are trying to say. It is so dramatic. I also love the band who sung it (The All-American Rejects). They're just so amazing, I mean all of their songs. But most especially, the very reason why I love "The wind blows" is because of its music video. The music video is just so full of love at first but will eventually have a bittersweet ending. I love how wonderful the cinematography of the video is. Overall, the song is awesome. 

To me, the song has something to do with a relationship that was eventually going to end - a bittersweet ending that is. Going through all the good times, there were also some hard times. The girl can't take it anymore and asks him to go. He has a hard times doing this but she will always be in his memory (like the wind) . He thinks she will definitely regret this because of all the love they had. The wind(which is the guy) will always be apart of her. She has to breath so she has a part of him forever.

The song is not only applicable in intimate relationships (like in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship), it can also be dedicated to those people who just lost their loved ones (e.g., family member, friend, etc.) physically. It is sad when the people you love will long be departed from you. Death is inevitable but the memory, like the wind, hugs to your senses.

The wind is everywhere and we need it in order to live, just like love.



Here's a video of the song in which I'm talking about:



No comments: