Monday, November 29, 2010

The Walking I-pod #1

I am born in the era of modern technology. If there are people who are considered as walking encyclopedia or walking dictionary, there are some who are considered as a walking i-pod --- and I am one of them. Yes, I am definitely one of them.

So, what makes it (being a walking i-pod) an asset? Well, there are a lot of assets that I can think of when my teacher told us about our first blogging assignment. But it would be boring if I would consider my height, eyes, personality, etc. as my asset because I usually hear those physical/emotional aspects of a person. I was thinking of a unique part of myself. My love for music probably contributed to my being considered as a walking i-pod.  I consider this as my greatest asset. My friends can easily remember me when they could not guess the title or the lyrics of a particular song. That makes me a unique mademoiselle.

"Music is the language of the soul." This famous adage hit me and will continue to reverberate in my musical ears. Every time I hear music in the airwaves, whatever genre it is (jazz, pop, rnb, soul, rock, ballad, country, classic, etc.) my eyes lit up to the rhythm of the song. I am not only awed by the rhythm but also by the message of the song. I could not contain myself admiring the lyricist or composer behind the song.

I could still reminisce a particular guess-that-song (singing-bee like) contest during my high school years at MSU-IIT (IDS). My co-members and competitors were not able to guess the title of the songs. But to their amazement and much to their consternation, I was able to guess them and even sung the lyrics correctly.

My life has been evolved through music. Some of the lyrics of the song has a connection with what is happening in my life (whether happy or sad). Every feeling evoked a different chapter and every phase.

Since I am considered as a walking i-pod, I am also a piece of music. A form of art. And that as I continue to tread into this chaotic world, I will continue to inspire and give hope to the world through music.




(image from deviantart.com)

No comments: