Thursday, December 2, 2010

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a CANDY for a CANDY.


How would you react when a tindera (saleslady) doesn't have any coins and would give you candies instead?

Well, I had a funny experience last November 30, 2010 (Tuesday) at a particular stall at CBAA canteen. But I'll tell it to you in the vernacular so that it would be funnier. *evil grin* And here it goes...

Usa ka mainiton nga hapon, samtang naga-lakaw ako sa kadalanan sa IIT, ni-kalit ra'g MIZCOL (miss call nah kung sa english) ang akong tiyan. In short, gi-GUTOM na ko. So, ni-liko ko sa CBAA canteen aron mu-palit ug makaon. Ni-palit ko ug makaon nga tag-siyete ( kay ga-tipid man daw kuno ko). Ni-kuot ko ug diyes ug gi-tunol sa tindera.



Me: Nara bayad te.
Tindera: Naa ka'y dos diha gang? Para singko akong i-sukli nimo.
Me: Wala raba.
Tindera: Pwede candy na lang ang sukli?
Me: Ah. Kalokohan! Pwede candy pud akong i-bayad nimo te? >:D

I told my friends about what I just said to that tindera, and they had different reactions to it. Some were amazed because they said that even though it's sarcastic, it is still super duper mega cool. Some also wanted to do the same thing as I did, but they can't. They don't have the guts, because according to them, maybe the tindera will be insulted and will get mad at them and they (my friends) would turn speechless and be embarrassed around the people. I just laughed. I defended myself and said, "...para fair ba. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a CANDY for a CANDY."  (Wow! Did I just say that?)  It does make sense. FAIRNESS. What happened to the fairness in equality?  We should be fair in everything we do.

But anyways, if you were in my shoes, what would possibly be your reaction? Will you just don't mind the situation and accept the candies? Or fight for your right and get what you should get (i mean, the coins)? I'd still choose the second one. Maybe you'll think that it is cheap to have an argument about a candy and a coin, but to me, it's not. Every peso counts nowadays. Everything is getting more and more expensive. And I don't think candies could be accepted in buying things, right? :))

Lesson Learned: for the tindera, don't talk to sarcastic people; and for me, I should always bring a lot of coins whenever I would buy something, so that I won't get candies instead of money. HAHA.

No comments: